Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Week 2 - Shawn Kelly & Live Q&A

Had a Q&A with Shawn Kelly today and it was totally cool. What a cool cool guy. The Q&A started at 6:30am, and was supposed to run an hour, but in the end he talked with us until 9am... man... that's dedication! he even gave us a tour of the stuff that surrounds his desk. Neat!

Biggest piece of advice was to make sure we learn how to take and give critique, and develop a tough outer skin. Oh, and to have lots of fun!

My assignment for the week is to go out to a public place and to draw people. I then have to pose the stu character in one of the poses I got from the observation drawings. I was looking at the syllabus and am a bit nervous cause later on in the term we have to finds a pose for EXHAUSTION, DEVESTATION, EXCITEMENT etc. and when i try to think of poses that represent those feelings I start to feel overwhelmed and confused. I'm sure I need to work more on my understanding of body language and acting. It'll come in time though.

I think I'm going to head off to the gym for that and get 2 things done at once. That way I can observe really active poses for the assignment as well as getting in a workout. It's all about balance right?

No comments: